Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Are You Ready?

"Alright, we're finally here. [pause] Are you ready?"

"Pfft, of course I'm ready, I was bo-"

"Don't Say It."

"What?"

"You were going to say 'born ready,' weren't you."

"[ . . . ]"

"Just- shut up, okay? You know my nerves have been on edge ever since, well, y'know . . ."

". . . I'm sorry."

"Whatever, it's not a big deal. Let's just get to shutting this portal before the demons get through."

"Alrighty. Just point the tome at them and then raise the staff."

[pause]

". . . Nothing's happening."

"Oh."

"Nothing Is Happening."

"[ . . . ]"

"I thought you read the ancient manuscripts."

"I did . . . Though it might've said you were supposed to point the staff at them and then raise the tome . . ."

"What do you mean, are you not sure?!"

"I'm pretty sure."

"Just pretty sure?"

". . . Yeah."

"I THOUGHT You read the Ancient Manuscripts. YOU Were Supposed to Read The Ancient Manuscripts. THAT'S ALL YOU WER-"

"I read the SparkNotes!"

"You What?"

"SparkNotes! Today's Most Popular Study Guides!"

[pause]

"I hate you."

T H E E N D

1 comment:

  1. If you're friends of mine on Facebook there is a chance you read this in a note once upon a time. I tweaked it a little and then reposted it.

    Not gonna lie, I do think it's kinda funny.

    ReplyDelete